Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A letter to a very special band.

Dear Say Anything,

A year and a half ago you got an email from a kid in Michigan, describing to you a friend who was was pregnant. This child was giving her what she felt was her only reason to live. Her family was telling her she was making a mistake, and to get an abortion. She was thinking that maybe it was better to... just do it and hate herself, than disappoint everyone around her, because she didn't think she was worth even having a reason to live.
You wrote this kid's friend, me, a song.

That baby is alive and happy, and he just turned a year old. That I had the courage to do it was due in large part to you. If you ever wondered whether you made a difference in someone's life, I want you to know that you did. That I had the support of people I admired, who had never even met me,
in a time when I was vulnerable and terrified, means the world to me. You saved two lives when you sent that song.
I thank you so much for that, and so does my son.

Kelli Amanda Renas

1 comment:

GO ON, SAY SOMETHING.