Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kelli's Foolproof Process for Irreversible Insomnia

I need to stop bringing my laptop up to my room with me at night. This is what happens to me:

"checking Facebook real quick before bed" turns into
"wait I think I'll check out this link Steve posted", which turns into
"hey, Regretsy is pretty silly, I think I'll look at 40+ pages of it", which then turns into
"wait, they sell resin flowers online to make jewelry with? I guess that's kind of cool, I should check that out on Amazon", which THEN turns into
"resin molds? Like, I could actually MAKE my own jewelry?", which, of course, turns into
"I guess I'll do a Google search and click on every link until I figure out how I can make my own resin jewelry in my kitchen"

and then it's 6:04 in the morning and I'm sitting on the couch eating shredded wheat, watching Rugrats: All Grown Up! on Nickelodeon, and compiling a list of materials (complete with projected costs, which, in case you were wondering, are next to nothing!) I will need to make my own resin jewelry in my kitchen, with my newly acquired knowledge of every single process required to not only do it, but do it SUCCESSFULLY.

I've abandoned all hope for sleeping tonight, because now, I am completely wired, with an open Sunday morning in front of me, during which I can set up a workstation, find my heat gun, go to Jo-Ann Fabrics as soon as it effing opens and obtain all my supplies, and have my first batch of pendants cooling before anyone in this house wakes up, and that's including the cat.

Oh look, Chuckie is trying out new nicknames, and they're all dorky. Well, that's why he's Chuckie, I guess.

This is what happens to me in the middle of the night. Somewhere between one and two AM, I find out about some ridiculous craft that it turns out is incredibly easy to do, and for the next few hours I devote myself to soaking up every detail that I possibly can.

It would be great if this could happen somewhere between the hours of one and two PM, but unfortunately my lust for new and ridiculous crafts is an unruly beast who can't be arsed to stop and check the time.

Oh well. At least Sunday night is (optimally) an excellent time to get my sleep schedule back in order, just in time to paint things to auction off for charity on Monday. And if I raid my emergency stash of chocolate-covered-espresso beans, I'll be likely to stay awake for all the fantastic plans I decided to make for myself today.

Lord help me.



Edit: It is now 8:21 AM, and I have drawn out a plan of action for retrieving supplies, watched several episodes of kids' shows I didn't even know existed, looked at about forty more Regretsy pages, and now know how to make my own silicone mold for casting resin, as well as the pros and cons of using candy molds instead.

I still have not slept.

3 comments:

  1. Rugrats is now on netflix instant view. I do not know if this is helpful or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SARAH WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never meant to hurt you. I'm just an enabler by nature :/

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, SAY SOMETHING.